This is a reminder to our Independence Bank customers to be aware of text messages or calls that ask you to do anything you wouldn’t normally do with your account or debit card information.
In a continued effort to make sure you’ve got the tools you need to keep your information safe, we’ve created a list of important reminders.
· The Bank will NEVER send you an unexpected link to log in to your account. Always access your account the way you normally do through either digital or mobile banking.
· Independence Bank will not initiate a text to verify ANY information.
· Do NOT reply, click or call the number or link that is contained within the text message.
· Never share ANY personal information (including passwords, security codes, account numbers, etc) unless you are calling the Bank and initiating the call. The Bank will never call you and initiate the request for this information.
· If you receive a phone call, even if it looks to be from a local Bank number, hang up and call your known bank location number to be sure you are speaking with the Bank, not a scammer.
· If you believe your information has been compromised, please contact your nearest Independence Bank location immediately.
· You can set up account alerts allowing you to get information about transactions.
· Monitoring your activity on a regular basis is the best way to notice if something out of the ordinary has happened.
The bank has a variety of strong measures to keep your information secure but, the best protection is you. You are the only one who can truly keep your information safe.
Our most valuable asset is you, the customer. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call your nearest location.