It’s been said that if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life. But it’s much more than just the tasks at hand that leads to this kind of mentality in the workplace. Just ask the employees of Independence Bank, where a culture that facilitates pride in your work and places an emphasis on showing appreciation for a job well done has led to the Bank being named a Best Place to Work in Kentucky by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, the Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management (KYSHRM) in their 16th annual rankings, presented by Lifestyle Health Plans.
Each of the ways that Independence Bank invests in their employees is likely why when it comes to being a Best Place to Work in Kentucky, the Bank has been named in the rankings for 12 years. The selection process, managed by Best Companies Group, is based on an assessment of the company’s employee policies and procedures accounting for 25 percent of the total score. The other 75 percent comes from the results of an internal employee survey. The Best Places competition is a multi-year initiative designed to motivate companies in the Commonwealth to focus, measure and move their workplace environments toward excellence. This year the Bank was ranked 8th in the medium places category.
“This accolade is perhaps one of the most important ones that we could receive,” said Jacob Reid, Independence Bank President. “While the Bank has experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, our greatest asset is our people. We strive to show our employees each day how much they are appreciated and that the work we do is collective and could not be done without them. Their passion and dedication to making Independence Bank the very best it can be, is what allows us to continue to be successful. It is our main goal to build and enjoy an extraordinary workplace and we are humbled to have these efforts recognized by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.”
ABOUT INDEPENDENCE BANK:
Independence Bank is a regional community bank with 25 locations in Calloway, Daviess, Franklin, Graves, Hancock, Henderson, Hopkins, Jefferson, McCracken, McLean, Warren and Webster counties. One of the fastest growing banks in Kentucky and fifth largest, Independence Bank possesses the size and experience to serve the largest and most complex clients and offers trust and investment services and agricultural services. As a banking revolution for the people, by the people, central to Independence Bank’s mission is doing what is right and fair for customers, communities and employees. Independence Bank has been recognized in multiple categories by the American Bankers Association, including being named a Top Performing Bank and Best Bank to Work For, for 11 consecutive years, a Best Place to Work in Kentucky for 11 years and has assets totaling $2.8 billion.