The application window for this year’s program has now closed. Eligible applicants are invited to sign up to receive emails from Independence Bank for more information regarding next year’s scholarship program.
Applicants must be a high school senior that lives or attends school in one of the following counties: Calloway, Daviess, Franklin, Graves, Hancock, Henderson, Hopkins, Jefferson, McCracken, McLean, Warren, Webster. Applicants will be judged based on a submitted essay, high school grades, ACT scores, financial need, extracurricular activities, community involvement and personal interviews.
In addition to answering the questions contained in the application, please have the following items available to submit:
- Typed Essay not to exceed one page (see questions below)
- High School Transcript, (can include ACT/SAT score)
- ACT/SAT Score (if not included on transcript)
- Financial Need Statement: This statement may be written by the student, family member, teacher, counselor, etc. explaining why the scholarship would benefit the student. (No FASFA Forms)
Choose one essay from the following topics and attach a 1 page typed essay:
- If you had the opportunity to have a 30 minute conversation with one person (either living or deceased), who would it be? Why? What topics would you discuss with that person?
- Choose an invention from your lifetime that you think has had the most positive OR most negative impact on our world and explain why you chose that invention.
- So much information about a person can be found online. Google your name and view the search results. Knowing how easy this information is for a person to get, how will this influence your level of engagement on social media platforms? How will what you do now affect your future career development, relationships, safety and well-being? Please explain.
If applying for the AG scholarship please include a 1 page typed essay on the following topic:
- What are the responsibilities of the farm community to protect the environment ?
- How can livestock farmers balance the need to keep animal health while reducing the use of antibiotics in their animals
If you have any questions you may contact:
Charitable Foundation Manager
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Independence Bank Scholarship Program! The application window for this year's program has now closed. Eligible applicants are invited to sign up to receive emails from Independence Bank for more information regarding next year's scholarship program.