Use our Mobile Check Deposit Services to make deposits via your smartphone or tablet by taking a picture of your check. You may refer to the following frequently asked questions and answers for specific information about Mobile Check Deposit. If you have additional questions, please contact us directly at 877-621-1776.
Mobile Check Deposit is a service that allows you to deposit checks directly into your checking account from anywhere at any time using your smartphone or tablet.
You must first be enrolled in Mobile Banking by accepting the terms and conditions and you must also download the Independence Bank Free Mobile Banking App.
Yes, Mobile Check Deposit is safe. Access to the application on your smartphone or tablet requires you to log-in to your Mobile Banking services first by way of your unique Username and Password.
Mobile Check Deposit may not be available for your account due to a variety of reasons including, but not limited to:
- Deposit restrictions on your account
- Current or previous collections history
- Fraudulent activity on your account
- Account is used for business purposes
Within 1-2 business days of accepting the Mobile Banking terms and conditions, you will see a Deposit feature within your Independence Bank Mobile Banking App. Mobile Check Deposit can then be used at any time, any day of the week.
You should see a “Deposit Sent Successfully” message appear after your check has been submitted.
If your deposit is submitted before 5:00 PM CST Monday–Thursday or before 6:00 PM CST on Friday, you will see and have access to your deposit on the following business day. If your deposit is submitted after 5:00 PM CST Monday–Thursday or after 6:00 PM CST on Friday, on a bank holiday, or on Saturday, you will see and have access to your deposit on the second business day following the deposit.
Endorsements must be made on the back of the check within 1½ inches from the top edge, although we may accept endorsements outside this space. The endorsement must include your signature and “Mobile Check Deposit.”
There are a number of factors that could cause a check to be rejected during the Mobile Check Deposit
process. Some of them include, but are not limited to:
- Amount entered for deposit does not match the amount on the check
- MICR line (black bars across bottom of check) may have been over-cropped
- Check amount could not be read
- Blank or suspect check
- Check number could not be read
- Check date could not be read
- Front signature was not detected or is missing
- Account number, routing number or other check data could not be read
- Invalid routing number information
If you continue to experience problems, you may deposit the check at any of our Independence Bank locations.
When a check is rejected by the bank, you will see a Mobile Check Deposit Adjustment in your Account History. Please contact your nearest Independence Bank location if you would like information on the rejection reason.
There are some types of checks that are prohibited from being deposited:
- Checks that are payable to any person or entity other than you or include a third-party endorsement
- Checks that you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn, including checks received via Internet solicitations
- Checks that have not been previously endorsed by a financial institution (a bank, savings and loan, or a credit union) and are either “substitute checks” or Image Replacement Documents (“IRD”) that purport to be substitute checks, without Independence Bank’s prior written consent
- Checks that are drawn on financial institutions that are located outside of the United States or Territories of the United States
- Checks that are Remotely Created Checks, as that term is defined in Regulation CC
- Checks which are not acceptable to Independence Bank for remote deposit into a deposit account, including Savings Bonds and Mutilated Checks
No, deposits can only be made into Independence Bank checking accounts.
The check is electronically transmitted to Independence Bank and you retain the original.
You do not have to mail your check. You will retain the original of all imaged checks that have been deposited via Mobile Check Deposit for a reasonable period of time in order to verify settlement and credit or to balance periodic statements, but in no case beyond forty-five (45) days from the date processed. It is your responsibility to properly destroy and dispose of such original checks after such time. During the period that you maintain any original checks, you understand and agree that you must use a high degree of care to protect these original checks against security risks.
Mobile Check Deposit will not accept any deposit greater than $3,000.
The total amount that can be deposited through Mobile Check Deposit may not exceed $3,000 per day.
You are allowed to deposit up to 15 items per calendar month, as long as the $3,000 limit is not exceeded.
Any designated Independence Bank checking account in which the customer has deposit rights within Mobile Banking.
Yes, in some circumstances additional holds may be applied to the check you deposited.
Currently, there is no monthly fee for the Mobile Check Deposit Capture service. All Service Fees are subject to change by Independence Bank upon thirty (30) days written notice to the Customer. You agree to pay all fees and charges for deposit services as set forth on the Rate and Fee Schedule.
Either party may terminate Mobile Check Deposit Service at any time.
Independence Bank reserves the right to modify the Service from time to time without making prior notice to Customer, provided, however, Independence Bank will give you at least thirty (30) days notice prior to making any modifications to the Service that would materially alter its functionality.
Mobile Check Deposit allows you to deposit checks using your mobile device. Mobile Banking allows you to process transfers, check balances and make bill payments using your mobile device. Mobile Check Deposit is a feature of the Mobile Banking app.
You may experience problems with check deposits that may not meet image quality standards or may not be an item eligible for Mobile Check Deposit such as a foreign item or savings bond. You will receive an error during the deposit process notifying you that we are unable to accept the deposit via Mobile Check Deposit. You may be able to present this item for deposit at an Independence Bank location.
After check images are approved for proper quality and successfully sent to Independence Bank, Mobile Check Deposit checks are analyzed by the same standards as checks presented at a location or by mail. Checks will need to be readable and clear. If unable to deposit by your mobile device, please visit your nearest Independence Bank location.
Mobile Check Deposit is available for Apple and Android smartphones and on Apple tablet devices. The Independence Bank Mobile Banking App is required in order to use Mobile Check Deposit.